Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hurrah! Cycle is broken!

erm, that's the vicious cycle of being sad, not working out, being down cos of not working out, therefore not wanting to work out.... and so on.....

not my lovely mountain bike which gets me to the place of working out! that would be a disaster.... it would take me sooooo much longer to get everywhere!

anyway.... i ran my 12 minutes at 6mph.... then i did some speedwork, alternating 5.5 and 6.5 mph each minute for ten minutes. then i did the groovy stepper machine thing for 30 mins and then did another 15 mins of alternating 5.5 and 6.5mph.

was a good, good day at they gym! Loved every minute! ....then had a glorious bike ride home in the sunshine. A Red Admiral butterfly landed on my treadmill machine today... right over the time counter, resting out of the sun, then it fluttered away back outside.

anywho... running at 6.5mph is magic, sooo can't keep it up for long, but it feels far more natural than 5.5 now.... but i hope overall it will let me run normally at 6.0mph soon.... get my lung capacity up a bit!

Oooh, and Paula Radcliff announced her pregnancy today, and that she'd continue competing (really?!?) and in her media release said she's very happy and finds it easier to run when she's happy... so i guess mood effects performance even when you are a world champion runner. eek!

I'm toying with the idea of trying out a 5km race soonish (well, this year at least!) but dunno if i can overcome my terror of organised sport (ie, PE at school!). I think so long as i don't come last it will be fine.... tho i'd probably just be happy with finishing!

On a uni note.... my project supervisor has emailed to say i didn't get the project i wanted (with a company, boo hiss!) but i could do the same project title at uni, which is good, given that i've started researching and all....

Can't give away too many secrets, cos the company might "purchase" my research later on (plus, y'know, a Nobel would be nice....), but i can say it involves bacteria (yay!) and packaged food.

how nerdy am i?! hehe!

tata *H*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home