Thursday, August 24, 2006

Technology sucks!

Ok... I have an admission to make... I didn't run yesterday.... and I feel bad!

was planning to.... but.....

got kept back at work to prepare for "Big Boss Man's" visit..... only for him to phone late to say he wouldn't be making it to check out the store.

My main job yesterday was to scale death-defying heights to obtain "donkey cards" and to cover blocks with patchwork newspaper. Yes, I know.... very technical. Gawd, work turns my brain to jelly, can't wait for university to start again! Actually, the newspaper thing was quite fun.

By the end of the day, with everyone doing random jobs like that (my deputy painted the white fitting rooms....white.....again. Madness, no?) the store looked good, and dare I say it: quite artistic! businessy-man, very much in the style of Magritte, but obviously, less magical! (and no bowler hats). Its nice to go into work and feel good about the presentation of it!

Anywho, all that kneeling on the floor in funny angles yesterday did something to my ankle (or so I thought last night) but when I woke this morning my ankle was fine but I'd pulled a muscle in my thigh. Boo hiss! But I was naughty in a good way and went to the gym today anyway....

planned just on 10 minutes running cos I thought my leg would hurt... but I had no pain so kept on going.... for 35minutes (hurrah) . Not looking at the counter until 23minutes meant that I had no idea that my mileage and calories weren't being counted. hmm, nevermind, wait till I finish and it'll say.

erm.

nope.

god knows what button needs to be pressed (there are only 6) but none of them told me. then I pressed a couple in sequence and the screen went blank. grr! Technology hates me!

anywho, all was not lost cos I knew I was running at 5.8mph (sooper-slow, I know) so I covered 3.3miles.... yay! Small victories! Thought I'd take it easy on the elliptical, and do work on muscles other than quads, and I made sure I stretched well, so hopefully my leg will be no worse, or maybe even sorted out! Feels good now.

It's oh so quiet here at the mo too..... *E* has whisked herself off to Reading Festival and won't be back till late Monday. Fine. Leave me here then. Tsk!

Now, how to keep myself occupied and outta trouble for four days..... hmmm?

*I will get better*
TaTa *H*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home